Thursday, January 20, 2011

SLO Photo Shoot - Allen Stoddard

I spent this past weekend riding and hanging out with some friends in San Luis Obispo which is about two hours south of my house. I was spoiled with good dirt in Santa Cruz for the past week so riding in SLO was a different story. SLO trails are really rocky, shaley, and rather dry. I met up with Nate and Ben Furbee who are some local pinners and showed me the way of the SLO trails. The trail we rode first was called "Face" which is super gnarly and steep. I have never been so scared to ride a bike in my life. My mentality while riding this trail was "stay on the bike". Once I got down the hill I was super pumped that I made it down in one piece! After that we drove some other trails that Nate and Ben had made awhile back. The trails were only about 30 seconds long but they were fun and fast. The sun went down sooner than we expected and had to call it a day.

A good friend of mine just got into photography and asked me if he could get some shots of me riding so we went out for an afternoon and got some really great photos! Here are some of his shots.










Photos By: Sean Culligan

No comments: