Friday, June 19, 2009

Ashland 12-Mile Super D

Point One Racing's own Jordan Lopez spent last weekend up in beautiful Ashland, Oregon for the epic 12-mile Super D and Avid Chainless race. Unfortunately Jordan did not make it out without a few memories that will leave a mark. Please check out his race report:

What a weekend I had in Ashland OR for the 4th Annual 12 Mile Super D, in which I raced in the Pro Men's Category.
After racing this race last year and getting in 2 strong practice runs in on Saturday, I was confident that I would finish with a competitive time.
32 min into my race run and with a mile and a half to go, my front tire clipped a rock over a roller jump and threw me over the bars at 18 mph. I landed on my head and shoulder and my run was finished. Getting up immediately, hoping to finish, I looked at my front wheel and it was completely folded from the impact, my bars were bent and my front break was gone.
From that point, I walked 45 min down the trail to the finish line and headed straight to the nurse station. Upon getting there and taking off the top of my skin suit, I quickly realized that I separated my shoulder. Nathan Riddle, who also had a real bad crash, took my wife and I to the Local Hospital where the ER doctors told me that my shoulder was 4cm out and would probably need surgery.
Yesterday, I had an appointment with my doctor and he confirmed what the doctors in Ashland said and put me in contact with an orthopedic surgeon. I am now waiting to set a date for surgery, but the recovery time is 4-6 weeks. This means that The Downieville AM & Nationals are both out.



With all of this being said, I had an amazing weekend riding & racing with my friends and I am continually reminded of the family atmosphere that is existent within the mt biking world and especially the Pro Group. From Nathan Riddle taking my wife and I to the Hospital to John Wilson finding my wife at the bottom of the hill and bringing her to the nurse station to find me to the well wishes of racers like Jason Moeschler & Eric Carter. I am greatly indebted to people like this and I am blessed to be racing along side of them.

I will keep you all posted on my surgery and recovery process. I have a great friend who has loaned me a stationary bike which I will be riding during this time and I hope to be back racing by the beginning of August.

Thank you all again for your amazing products and consistent support this season, I really appreciate all you have done for me this season so far.


Get well soon Jordan!

For full results, and race report please click here.

No comments: