Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Bend, Oregon Super D - Jordan Lopez



What a great weekend in Bend Oregon for the second round of the Oregon Super D Series and North American Enduro Series

Pre Race: We arrived in Bend Oregon mid-day on Friday and we were able to work in and through 3 good practice runs and 3 more on Saturday. The 7.7 mile long course consisted of dozens of sandy loose berm’s, flat sweeping turns, rock drops, rock jumps, rollers, and 100 vertical feet or so of climbing. All in all the course was in short a “pedal fest”; where the rider was pedaling 95% of the race, both up and down the hills.

Race Day: I was the 7th racer off of the morning and my run went well, minus 3 severely blown corners in which I came to a complete stop and lost my all important momentum. I ended up finishing the race in 7th Place with time of 26:07. Just to show the level of competition present for this series of races, 2nd place through 10th place were all within a minute of each other and for races of this length, this is unheard of. Yet again I had an amazing time racing in the Oregon Super D Series and I now look forward to the Downieville Classic where I will be racing in the “PRO Men All Mountain”.


No comments: