Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Ashland Mountain Challenge - Jordan Lopez



Yet again, The Ashland Mountain Challenge was a huge success for the All-Mountain racing and definitely pushed the movement in the right direction and towards a greater popularity. With almost 400 racers, both men and women racing in all categories on the 12.12 mile course, the weekend could only be seen as a success.
I was able to get up to Ashland on Thursday Morning and after 3 practice runs and 1 more on Friday I felt very comfortable and confident for my race on Saturday.
My start time was bright and early Saturday Morning and at 8:20am the top of Mt Ashland was a brisk 48 deg. My run went good with no major bobbles or blown corners. In looking back, I would have like to run a 40t ring (I was topped out on both of the fire roads), but I stupidly left it at home.



I am very excited to say that I finished my race run in 35:59 which placed me into 19th place out of 67 PRO Men and overall. To show how tight the competition is at this race; 7th through 19th place were all in the 35 minute mark. For a race of this length of time and distance, this grouping is incredible.

I would like to specifically say thank you to Real World Cycling for the amazing pivot bearings, enduro fork seals, and suspension linkage bearings they sent out to me. My bike felt amazing all weekend and it was more responsive than ever.
A huge thanks is definitely necessary to Wild Bill and his lovely wife Sue at Ashland Mountain Adventures for another amazing event and for all of your hard work, it really paid off – http://ashmtnadv.com/

No comments: